White Card Online
The Course, CPCCOHS1001A ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ is competency-based and involves assessment processes, which include online short answer questions, and questions over a phone call to assist in assessing knowledge, skills and verbal communication abilities.
Our leading edge program is delivered online and has been designed and delivered by experienced instructional designers and trainers who have substantial experience in workplace health and safety within the building and construction industry.
Topics covered by the course are categorised into four basic sections:
Section 1 covers how to identify workplace health and safety (WH&S) requirements;
Section 2 provides training on how to identify construction hazards and control measures;
Section 3 trainsyou how to identify WH&S communications and reporting processes;
Section 4 deals with incident response procedures.
These sections include:
- Basic information on theWork Health and Safety Act 2011,Workplace Health and Safety Regulation 2008 and codes of practice
- Risk management
- Principal contractor’s safety plan
- Work method statements
- Material safety data sheets
- Basic emergency procedures such as first aid, evacuation plans and procedures
- Causes of fires and types of controls
- Reporting hazards to relevant persons at the workplace
- Obligations of principal contractors, employers, self-employed persons, workers and others
- Workplace Health and Safety Officers
- Duty of care under common law, and
- Workplace recording of work injuries, work caused illnesses and dangerous events.
Please allow approximately 2-4 hours to complete this course and the related assessments may add 45 to 60 minutes for the short answer assessment, and 10 to 15 minutes for the phone assessment.
This course is delivered online, with a mandatory short phone assessment once you have completed all other assessments. You may complete the course from the convenience of your home or office. You can even start the course and complete just a part of it, and then finish it another time - the online course remembers where you got to and will start from there next time.
The fee to complete this course is $67 payable on commencement (All transactions are displayed and processed in AUD) . This fee includes postal dispatch of your White Card once all requirements have been met. Your White Card will be dispatched typically within two to three working days of receipt of the required documentation (one to two day turnaround (usually one day) if Express Delivery option is ticked).
There are several other requirements for doing this course online which you can read about by clicking the Start Course Now button below.