justicescales

Energy company, Essential Energy has been convicted following the death of an electrical worker at Bulahdelah in September 2013. The company has also been slapped with a $300,000 fine.

The incident happened when an electrical conductor the victim was holding  became energised as it came into contact with energised overhead conductors while it was being lowered to the ground. The 47 year old worker was fatally electrocuted.

The investigation by SafeWork NSW found that the company was aware of the risk of keeping the top conductors energised while workers removed the bottom conductors. The company decided to keep them energised, despite the risk, for service delivery reasons.

Peter Dunphy, Executive Director of SafeWork NSW highlighted that the incident was easily avoidable.  Read more at https://sourceable.net/300000-fine-issued-over-sparky-death/

Recommended Posts