The risks associated with power lines once again came under the spotlight as footage from a dashcam showed an explosion caused by a construction worker who inadvertently made contact with an overhead powerline.

The man is seen passing a copper pipe from the ground floor of a Kogarah building under construction to a colleague on the first floor, one morning.

The well meaning worker touched the powerline with the copper piping which resulted in the explosion which causes the entire site to light up.

NSW Fire and Rescue were alerted of the incident and confirmed it was caused by a struck power line. Thankfully there were no serious injuries and the worker involved was able to drive himself to the hospital shortly after.

To watch the footage or read more visit http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/11/21/13/06/construction-workers-blunder-sparks-explosion-on-sydney-worksite

Recommended Posts