Although most contractors could install insulation with their eyes closed, mistakes can cause serious problems such as fire, moisture, structural problems and humidity.
These are the most common mistakes you should avoid,
- Installed in the Wrong Place: Insulation shouldn’t be installed near water heaters of furnaces.
- Many gaps: Can lead to air and moisture leaking in and can affect the integrity of the framing and the insulation material.
- Basement insulation: Fiberglass insulation shouldn’t be installed in basements.
- Insulation too tight : Reduces the effectiveness of the insulation.
- Vapor Barrier Problems : Can lead to condensation and rot.