Tragedy has struck in Melbourne’s outer west where a young worker was killed while working in the roof of a house.

The 19 year old was electrocuted while apparently installing an air-conditioner on the roof of a 2 storey Plumpton home.

This fatality brings the state’s workplace death toll to 3 since the start of the year.

This incident highlights the importance of safety when work from heights is being undertaken. Despite falls from heights being the main cause of injury and death on worksites, it is still a part of workplace health and safety that is often overlooked, across all industries.

Another area of concern is the training and supervision of new and young workers.

Source: http://content.safetyculture.com.au/news/index.php/01/victorian-worker-electrocuted-roof/#.XGglRrglE1l

Recommended Posts