A director has learned  the hard way about the importance of employee safety, after being fined $12,500 in addition to the company’s $37,500 fine for an incident that left a worker a tetraplegic.

The company and its director failed to take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of its employee while at work. The man was struck on the back by a part of a harvester while he was unloading it from a truck, at a remote location in March 2016.

The incident left the man a tetraplegic, in need of 24 hour care.

Despite the harvester being in use since 1996, the company and director did not follow basic health and safety management practices, WorkSafe said. Find out more http://content.safetyculture.com.au/news/index.php/05/company-director-fined-incident-left-employee-paralysed/#.WUkbD8YlEl1

Recommended Posts