Don’t forget heat protection for workers – thats the message from the CFMEU.
The union has reminded businesses not to expose workers to the heat or put them at risk of serious illness or injury caused by exposure to the heat around this time of the year.
Recently a 17 year old apprentice worker was hospitalised due to heat on his third day on the job. The boy suffered heat stroke after working on a construction site in 41 degree weather.
The union urged workers who were being pressurised to work in the heat to contact them for assistance.