Construction website Sourceable.net recently posted an article about some of the materials that are revolutionising building facades. The materials each have their own unique benefits, some aesthetic, some environmentally beneficial.
- ETFE : is known for its use on façades or skylight material. It is both light weight and flexible.
- Carbon fibre: Although its expensive, it is light weight and versatile.
- Ultra-High Performance Concrete (UHPC) : enables thinner and more lightweight design of concrete panels and makes intricate designs possible.
- Solid surface: This high cost product is lightweight and several sheets can be joined together fairly seamlessly to cover a large surface area.
- Corten steel: Mostly favored for the rustic aesthetic quality.
Read more here.