Source: Pixabay.com

A case being investigated by WorkSafe reminds us to beware of overhead power-lines, especially when working from elevated work platforms.

A man was killed recently after being electrocuted by power-lines while trimming trees in Melbourne’s south east.

The incident involved a 26 year old worker who died when the cherry picker platform that he was on came into contact with live power-lines in Hughesdale.

Emergency services were called to the scene but the man was pronounced deceased at the scene.

See more at http://content.safetyculture.com.au/news/index.php/02/tree-trimmer-electrocuted-hughesdale/#.XHa3aLglE1m

Recommended Posts