White Card Course Description
New rules implemented by Government in 2019 have meant there are different rules in different States & Territories.
Click on the map below to check.
General Course Information and Curriculum:
The Course, CPCCWHS1001: Prepare to work safely in the construction industry is competency-based and involves assessment processes, which include online knowledge questions and questions over a video call to assist in assessing knowledge, skills and verbal communication abilities.
Our leading-edge program is delivered online and has been designed and delivered by experienced instructional designers and trainers who have substantial experience in workplace health and safety within the building and construction industry.
Topics covered by the course are categorised into four basic sections:
Section 1 covers how to identify workplace health and safety (WH&S) requirements;
Section 2 provides training on how to identify construction hazards and control measures;
Section 3 trains you how to identify WH&S communications and reporting processes;
Section 4 deals with incident response procedures.
These sections include:
- Basic information on the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, Workplace Health and Safety Regulation 2008 and codes of practice
- Risk management
- Principal contractor’s safety plan
- Work method statements
- Material safety data sheets
- Basic emergency procedures such as first aid, evacuation plans and procedures
- Causes of fires and types of controls
- Reporting hazards to relevant persons at the workplace
- Obligations of principal contractors, employers, self-employed persons, workers and others
- Workplace Health and Safety Officers
- Duty of care under common law, and
- Workplace recording of work injuries, work caused illnesses and dangerous events.
CPCCWHS1001: Prepare to work safely in the construction industry (White Card)
Priority Service Upgrade (Optional):
Online Course only: $12
Option to Purchase Your Own PPE:
Note: You NEED a hard hat, high-visibility clothing, ear and eye protection to complete the new White Card assessment following changes implemented 19th October 2017. You will not be able to complete the assessment without these four items of PPE. If you do not already own these items of PPE we have a really economical deal, which can be delivered to you by ordinary post, or Express Delivery.
- PPE with standard delivery (Australia Post normal mail): Add $42.90 incl GST
- PPE with Express Courier Delivery (usually overnight or 1 day): Add $52.90 incl GST
Click here for More info about PPE (opens in new page)
Please allow approximately 5 hours to complete this course and the related knowledge assessments and approx 20 mins for the live video verbal assessment.
The course delivery options for the White Card changed due to government regulations in 2019.
Language, Literacy or Numeracy Skills (LLN)
Students will need to have sound English language, literacy and numeracy skills in order to complete the course and assessments. If a student is unsure whether they have the minimum language, literacy or numeracy skills to complete one of our courses, they can take an LLN pre-training assessment here before they enrol in the course. The test will help the student to check whether they can read, write, calculate or speak well enough to do the training and assessment.
There are several other requirements for doing this course online which you can read about by clicking the Start Course Now button below.
Would you like the training delivered onsite at your organisation?
We have qualified trainers that can deliver this course onsite at your organisation. Please contact us for pricing options for face to face onsite delivery.